- We're not all ninja-level JS devs (certainly not me!).
- That's ok. Repeat after me: everyone was a newbie once!
- I am keen for Sydjs to help both the ninja and the n00b.
- It's one thing to write code from scratch.
- It's something else entirely to work on existing code.
Thoughts on refactoring
- Refactoring is not measured purely in lines of code!
- Consider readability, reuse, reliability, performance...
- It's an iterative process that's never really over.
What's awesome about it for Sydjs?
Seeing how people refactor your code is a great way to learn.
What's daunting about it for Sydjs?
Showing n00b code to ninjas is scary, so be nice! :)
- The task: have several people refactor an existing, working, but flawed script.
- The point: a way for Sydjs to share knowledge between the ninjas and newbies.
- The target: http://isitlaksatimeyet.200ok.com.au/
- Simple countdown according to user's local time
- Shows a series of "are we there yet?" messages as Laksa Time approaches
- Written quickly, never refactored!